Thursday, April 19, 2012

Summer Style Guide

First of all, Id take more offense to anyone repping white shades or cargo shorts than calling this post homo, so if your not into it than don't read it. Tad and I thought it would be a good idea to put some stuff we liked on here and since its our blog, thats what were doing. So here's a list of suggestions for your attire this summer, and also some things you shouldn't be wearing. Starting with your feet, I'm going to adress my conflict with white socks. I don't care if they have a swoosh or an under armor logo on them. If you rock white socks, you are going to look like some bodyboarding 55 year old pushing into a wave on 3rd street in ocean city after his 7th bud light lime. If you're going to wear shorts and socks, wear black mids or some kind of clean pattern sock. If you're going to wear ankle socks, just don't wear any socks at all.
Stance Socks is a newer company that has a lot of rad shit. Moving on to shoes, I don't personally condone myself to wear sandals when I'm not on a beach, but I can see how its not going to change anyones mind about flip flops in Baltimore. Whatever, just don't wear slides and I wont take offense to it.Anyway, High Top shoes are completely played and have no business being on your feet...your not snowboarding, so why do you need that much ankle support. So I have been running into a lot of cool mid and low tops from Gravis and Nike which aren't really sold anywhere but K Coast in Maryland, but everyone shops online now anyway so just go to Zappos or Active if your searching for them. Here are the Gravis Quarters
The Janowski's in Wine from Nike SB
As far as shorts and pants go, there is this big trend going on in surf/ skate fashon with really short shorts. I dont know if someone as lengthy as myself is going to pull them off, but if your buying your shorts off of Swell than be advised. You might end up with your nuts getting choked out by Quiksilvers Summer Line. I think that those embroidered shorts that everyone used to get from choens when they were in middle school are really sick. So if your looking for something new to get thats not a solid color, maybe try those out.
When it comes to Denim, I'm super bias to Analog's Wheel Wash Denim. It fits well, its comfortable, and it is already broken in for you. Also they have a good fit guide on their site. They have jeans for every fit, every color. Also you can find them a lot on discount sites like PLNDR or JackThreads.
as for belts or whatever is holding up your pants, My personal go to is a shoe lace, but for those of you who might find that to be a bit lower class, Nixon (who just got sold for 300 mil by billabong) makes some really good leather belts. My only suggestion for belts is that nobody should be wearing a big belt buckle unless they won some kind of rodeo, which you haven't so just don't.
*please never wear a white belt, or any white accessories for that matter.Coming to shirts. Giant logo shirts are the worst thing ever, unless your in the summer dew tour collecting photo incentive for a giant volcom stone on your shirt, don't wear it...you'll look like a dirt biker.For tee shirts, I found that Analog has really good 3 packs of tee shirts for around $30 with a white, black, and olive colored tee. They fit well, they're nice cotton, and they go with whatever.
I've always been a fan of button up shirts, however skate/surf companies I usually get my clothes from usually don't fit my lengthy stature. J.A. Banks\ has really good deals on them, they have every size, every color, and really good customer service if your into that kind of thing.Finishing up with Shades. My main suggestion if your spending any real money on sunglasses, is don't get any crazy colors. Black or Tourtous wont get old, and they are always classy. Matte Black is always a sweet option. Also, don't but those damn mirror lenses unless your interning on the sun, they're white trash.Super Shades
Dragon Jams
Maui Jim also makes some pretty solid shades, though more on the expensive side:


Aloha Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment